Ministry Of Electronics & Information Technology, Government of India
New User? Register
Login to Apply
Apply for Renewal
Scheme Wise Scholarship Sanctioned List
National Scholarship Scheme
Guidelines for Registration on National Scholarship Portal
Welcome to National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
A. Fresh Students
Students applying for scholarship for the first time need to "Register" on the portal as fresh applicant by providing
accurate and authenticated information as printed on their documents in "Student Registration Form."
Before initiating registration process, students are advised to keep their Educational and other documents such as
Aadhar number, Enrollment number, Bank passbook etc. in hand.
To help students, brief description of registration form fields is provided below:
1. State of Domicile - Domicile state means the state in which students have their permanent address. Students
are required to provide their domicile state correctly as the "Application Id" allotted to them will be based on domicile
state and once allotted it cannot be changed under any circumstances.
This application Id will also be used as "Login Id" on the portal and for future references.
2. Scholarship Category - Scholarship schemes are divided in four major categories. Students needs to select the
relevant category based on their class/course in which they are studying. These categories are detailed below:
2.1 Pre - Matric Scholarship Scheme - This scholarship scheme is for students studying from Class 1st to Class 10th.
2.2 Post - Matric Scholarship Scheme - This scholarship scheme is for students studying from Class 11th, 12th and above which includes Courses like ITI, B.SC, B. Com., B. Tech, Medical etc.
2.3 Top Class Scholarship Scheme - This scholarship scheme is for students studying in Top Level colleges across India such as IITs and IIMs.
2.4 Merit cum Means (MCM) Scholarship Scheme - This scholarship scheme is for students doing Technical and Professional courses at graduation and post-graduation level.
3. Name of Student - Provide name as printed in educational certificates preferable class 10th certificate for students applying for Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme.
4. Date of Birth (DOB) - Provide date of birth as per their educational certificates preferable class 10th certificate for students applying for Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme.
5. Mobile Number - Provide correct and authenticated mobile number, as all the communications and authentications related to portal activities will be sent on this mobile number.
In case of Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme one registration must be done with one mobile number.
Whereas, for pre matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have mobile number they can provide their parents mobile number however, parents mobile can only be provided for two scholarship applications irrespective of number of children.
6. Email Id - Provide correct and authenticated email id, as all the communications and authentications related to portal activities will be sent on their email Id.
7. Identification Details - Select and provide the information in this field very wisely. There are three parameters provided to students for identification such as:
7.1 Aadhar Number - In case students selects Aadhar number as the identifier, they need to provide their Name and 12-digit Aadhar number as printed on Aadhar card.
Students who are having Aadhar number are advised to register with Aadhar number as preference will be given to Aadhar seeded eligible students at the time of scholarship disbursement. This will enable in directly crediting scholarship amount to student Aadhar linked bank account through Aadhar Payment Bridge (ABP) in fast track mode.
7.2 Bank Account - In case students selects Bank account as identifier, provide Bank branch IFSC code, active bank account number and name of bank as printed on their bank passbook. Students also need to upload the copy of their bank passbook.
In case of Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme one registration must be done with one bank account number.
Whereas, for pre matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have their own bank account number they can provide their parents account number however, parents account number can only be provided for two scholarship applications irrespective of number of children.
In addition, when students uses bank account as identification they need to provide "Aadhaar Enrollment Id" and upload the scan copy of the same. However, when students receives their Aadhar number they should update the same in the portal.
Important Note: 1. The login id and password to log into NSP portal will be your Application Id and DOB respectively. You are advised to mandatorily change your password at the time of first login for security purposes.
2. Students are advised to submit only "One Application Form". In case if students submits more than one application form then all the applications submitted by students will be considered as "Duplicate" and will be "Rejected".
3. Students are advised to provide "Annual Family Income" as per the Income Certificate issued by competent authority in their scholarship application.